Marketing Chair and Committee Roles
The BTS Marketing chair will be an elected AdCom member and will manage the BTS Marketing committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate a strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of Marketing and submit any reports on the progress and status of the same.They will attend at least two BTS AdCom Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
The marketing activities should endeavour to address the key points of the BTS Strategic Plan:
· Increase IEEE BTS’s relevance to members and other target audiences
· Grow IEEE BTS membership
· Advocate and inform within the industry and related industries about broadcasting
· Make a difference in the industry and in the professional lives of Members
Key responsibilities include defining together with the committee a marketing strategy, and developing the annual marketing plan. Having oversight on press releases, leadership thought pieces, and events, etc. Defining a social media strategy and ensuring marketing collateral, product messaging and branding are current and reflecting latest broadcast technologies. Ensuring marketing activities are managed within defined and set budget.
Primary staff contact: Marketing and Promotions Manager - email@example.com.
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Marketing Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of all BTS programs and activities, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Developing programs and activities to help grow and maintain BTS membership ie NAB, SMPTE, BTS conferences and IBC.
- Developing programs and activities to help provide students/YP/WIE members with career assistance, ie tradeshow participation, educational activities
- Initiating or helping the BTS Awards Committee to initiate and develop awards for student/YP/WIE members - cross chair with Education and YP
- Attending all committee calls as needed
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement