The BTS Treasurer will manage the Finances under the direction of the BTS President and BTS Society operations manager. The Treasurer will initiate, develop and coordinate the strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of finance and attend the BTS AdCom Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor finance-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities. In addition, he/she will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning finance. The Treasurer will also serve as a member of the BTS Executive Committee (ExCom) to help in the overall management of the Society.
Primary Staff Contact - Society Operations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Treasurer include the following:
- Monitoring the status of BTS Finances, including the reporting of various statistics and year-to-year trends
- Managing the preparation of the annual BTS Budget, including the BTS membership and publication prices and page counts
- Managing the annual proposing of initiatives to be funded via the BTS Budget
- Managing the quarterly forecasting of the BTS Budget
- Reviewing any requests/recommendations received during the year (after the budget is submitted to TAB) from AdCom members for changes in the BTS Budget
- Desired soft skill - society media involvement