Regions/Society Chapters Chair
The BTS Regions/Society Chapters Chair will manage the BTS Regions/Society Chapters Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate a strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of Regions/Society Chapters and attend the BTS Administrative Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the Regions/Society Chapters Committee members and BTS Staff to define, delegate and monitor Regions/Society Chapters-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals to fill any open/new Regions/Society Chapters Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning Regions/Chapters.
Primary Staff contact: Technical Program Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Regions/Chapters Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of existing BTS chapters, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Coordinating and facilitating the establishment of new BTS chapters
- Following-up on any delinquent BTS chapters reported by IEEE MGA
- Managing the BTS Chapter Partners Program
- Managing the BTS Chapter budget to support chapter visits and various chapter events
- Helping the BTS AdCom to recommend the start of new BTS meetings in new or burgeoning areas of technology and/or in a specific geographic area
- Providing the BTS Conference Committee, BTS Education Committee and BTS Technical Committees with suggestions for speakers, panels and short courses for meetings, and the DL Program etc.
- Encourage attendance at region/chapter meetings and events
- Work with membership chair
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement