BTS Newsletter Editor will manage the BTS Newsletter under the direction of the BTS President.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the members and BTS Executive Office, BTS technical program staff to define, delegate and monitor communications-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities. In addition, he/she will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning communications.
Primary Staff Contact: Technical Program Specialist - firstname.lastname@example.org
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Editor,are as follows:
- Monitoring the status of the BTS Newsletter, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Initiating recommendations for changes/enhancements to the content, production and distribution of the BTS Newsletter
- Reviewing and approving any requests/recommendations received from AdCom members/general membership for changes/enhancements to the content, production and distribution of the BTS Newsletter
- Identify writers in the field to assist in writing articles for issues
- Writing articles of interest for the publication for each issue as well as providing captions for pictures
- Editing of all drafts of the issue until approved for print
- Providing article placements and content log to ensure proper layout
- Desired soft skills - social media involvement