The BTS Education Chair will manage the BTS Education Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate a strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of Education and will attend at least two BTS AdCom Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the Education Committee members and BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor Education-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals (BTS Members or non-Members) to fill any open/new Education Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning Education.
Primary Staff Contact - Society Operations Manager email@example.com
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Education Committee include:
- Monitoring the status of all BTS Educational programs and activities, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Developing new Educational programs and activities for BTS
- Coordinating (with input from the BTS Technical Committees) BTS’ participation in the IEEE Learning Network (ILN) to develop online short courses
- Work with YP chair on developing educational initiatives
- Desired soft skills - social media involvement