Distinguished Lecturer Chair
The BTS Chair of Distinguished Lecturers (DL) will be an elected Adcom member and will manage the BTS DL Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate the strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of DL and attend at least two BTS AdCom Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the DL Committee members and BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor DL related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals (BTS Members or non-Members) to fill any open/new DL Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning DL.
Primary staff contact Technical Program Specialist - email@example.com.
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the DL Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of all IEEE BTS DL programs and activities, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Managing budgeting and approval of all DL travel
- Approval of new DL speakers and topics
- Developing programs and activities to help grow and maintain BTS DL Program
- Recruiting DL speakers to prepare personal articles for the BTS Newsletter
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement