Annual Broadcast Symposium (ABS) Chair and Committee Roles
The BTS Annual Broadcast Symposium (ABS) Chairs and committee will manage the symposium under the direction of the BTS President. The chair need to Submit Conflict of Interest (COI) forms to IEEE Conference Services (will be sent via email from MCE) http://www.ieee.org/about/corporate/compliance/conflict_of_interest/coiandpob.html
ABS Conference Finance Guidelines provides the conference treasurer and chair with IEEE BTS specific guidelines. Staff will work with the conference treasurer on all budget items and will report to BTS Treasurer and VP of Conferences.
BTS Recommended Conference Timeline provides dates for all of the duties listed below.
Chairs will appoint the symposium committee (including technical, paper selection, and sponsorship) as well as session chairs and assign tasks to them.
- The chair will conduct all symposium calls
- The chairs are responsible for creating the main conference program, i.e. workshop and tutorial topics, Review and accept/decline papers. Chairs will identify presenters for special sessions, invited papers, keynotes.
- Chair/committee decides the possible locations for the conference. After site visits have been completed, the chair and committee decide the final location of the conference.
- Chairs will ensure committee members are active in recruiting speakers, sponsors and attendees.
- The chairs will establish registration pricing with assistance from staff based on previous years, sponsorship opportunities, etc.
- In coordination with the BTS staff, the chairs will review all publicity (social media, webpages, fliers, notices, announcements, posters, etc.) and make sure no discrepancies appear.
- The chairs will appoint a “host” for the conference to introduce speakers.
- The chairs will appoint on site greeters for keynote speakers.
- The chairs should work with the Local Chair to see if they are able to assist with attendance and/or committee duties.
- Attending committee calls as needed
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skill - social media