Standards Chair and Committee Roles
The BTS Standards Chair will manage the BTS Standards Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate a strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of Standards and submit any reports on the progress and status of the same. When possible, the chair will participate as an attendee for all BTS events. They will attend at least 2 BTS AdCom meetings a year and report.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the Standards Committee members and BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor Standards-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals (BTS Members or non-Members) to fill any open/new Standards Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning Standards.
Primary Staff Contact: Society Operations Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Standards Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of existing Standards that impact broadcasting industry, including the reporting of various statistics and finances
- Coordinating and facilitating the establishment of new BTS Standards and recommended practices
- Helping the BTS AdCom to recommend the start of new BTS Standards in new or burgeoning areas of technology
- Develop recommended practices for diagnosing and mitigating RF related issues, 3.0, etc…
- Submit report of committee activities to the AdCom as needed.
- Attending committee calls as needed
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement