Regions/Society Chapters Chair and Committee Roles
The BTS Regions/Society Chapters Chair will be an elected Adcom member and will manage the BTS Regions/Society Chapters Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate a strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of Regions/Society Chapters. When possible, the chair will paricipate as an attendee all BTS events. They will attend the BTS Administrative Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the Regions/Society Chapters Committee members and BTS Staff to define, delegate and monitor Regions/Society Chapters-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals to fill any open/new Regions/Society Chapters Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning Regions/Chapters.
Primary Staff contact: Technical Program Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Regions/Chapters Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of existing BTS chapters, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Coordinating and facilitating the establishment of new BTS chapters
- Following-up on any delinquent BTS chapters reported by IEEE MGA
- Managing the BTS Chapter Partners Program
- Managing the BTS Chapter budget to support chapter visits and various chapter events
- Helping the BTS AdCom to recommend the start of new BTS meetings in new or burgeoning areas of technology and/or in a specific geographic area
- Providing the BTS Conference Committee, BTS Education Committee and BTS Technical Committees with suggestions for speakers, panels and short courses for meetings, and the DL Program etc.
- Encourage attendance at region/chapter meetings and events
- Work with membership chair
- Attending committee calls as needed
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement