Publications Chair and Committee Roles
The BTS Publications Chair will manage the BTS Publications Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate the strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of Publications and attend the BTS AdCom Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the Publications Committee members and BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor Publications-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice President to help recruit individuals to fill any open/new Publications Committee member positions.
Primary Staff contact - Technical Program Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Publications Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of all BTS supported publications, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Recommending (with input from the BTS Technical Committees) the start of new BTS publications in new or emerging areas of technology
- Coordinating (with input from the BTS Technical Committees) the review and approval process for all new requests for BTS support of a publication
- Managing joint publication agreements for BTS with both IEEE and non-IEEE societies and councils
- Work with BTS Technical Program Staff to coordinate the preparation of budgets and quarterly forecasts for BTS publications
- Work with BTS Technical Program Staff to manage the manuscript submission and peer review process and preparation of approved manuscripts for the IEEE Publications Department
- Managing the preparation of year-end financial analyses for BTS publications
- Managing the appointment and termination process for Editors
- Attending committee calls as needed
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement