Young Professionals (YP) Representatives and Committee Roles
The BTS Chair of Young Professionals (YP) will manage the BTS YP Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The YP should be within 10 years of graduating. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate the strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of YP and attend at least two BTS AdCom Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the YP Committee members and BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor YP-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals (BTS Members or non-Members) to fill any open/new YP Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning YP.
Primary staff contact Marketing and promotions manager - email@example.com.
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the YP Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of all IEEE and BTS YP programs and activities, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Developing programs and activities to help grow and maintain BTS YP membership ie NAB, SMPTE, BTS conferences and IBC.
- Developing programs and activities to help provide students/YP members with career assistance, ie job fairs
- Promotion of scholarships
- Managing the holding of Student/YP meetings with IEEE Student Branches
- Initiating or helping the BTS Awards Committee to initiate and develop awards for student/YP members - cross chair with Education
- Recruiting students/YP members to prepare personal articles for the BTS Newsletter
- Helping to determine the data to be displayed and respective format of the YP-related information on the BTS Web-Site
- Attending committee meetings as needed
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement