Women in Engineering (WIE) Committee Roles
The BTS Representative for Women in Engineering (WIE) will manage the BTS WIE Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate the strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of WIE and attend at least two BTS AdCom Meetings held each year to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the WIE Committee members and BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor WIE-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals (BTS Members or non-Members) to fill any open/new WIE Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning WIE.
Primary staff contact Marketing and promotions manager - firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the WIE Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of all IEEE and BTS WIE programs and activities, including the reporting of various statistics and finances and year-to-year trends
- Developing programs and activities to help grow and maintain BTS WIE membership ie NAB, SMPTE, BTS conferences and IBC.
- Developing programs and activities to help provide students/WIE members with career assistance, ie job fairs
- Initiating or helping the BTS Awards Committee to initiate and develop awards for student/WIE members - cross chair with Education and YP
- Recruiting WIE members to prepare personal articles for the BTS Newsletter
- Attending committee calls as needed
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skill - social media involvement