Awards Chair and Committee Roles
The BTS Awards Chair will be an elected Adcom member and will manage the BTS Awards Committee under the direction of the BTS President. The Chair will initiate, develop and coordinate the strategic plan, programs and activities in the area of Awards and attend the BTS AdCom Meetings to report on the progress and status of the same.
Specific responsibilities include coordinating with the Awards Committee members and BTS staff to define, delegate and monitor Awards-related work and to implement and advertise all programs and activities, as well as work with the BTS President and Vice-President to help recruit individuals (BTS Members or non-Members) to fill any open/new Awards Committee member positions. Also, the Chair will act as the primary BTS ‘volunteer’ contact person for BTS and AdCom members, other society/council members and IEEE staff for requests, questions, issues, etc., concerning Awards.
Primary Staff contact: Technical Program Specialist, email@example.com
The programs, activities and responsibilities of the Awards Committee include the following:
- Monitoring the status of each BTS Award and any IEEE Award financially supported by BTS, including the reporting of various statistics and year-to-year trends
- Developing (with input from the BTS Technical Committees) new BTS Awards and helping to determine the extent of BTS involvement in IEEE level awards
- Coordinating (with input from the BTS Technical Committees) the review and approval process for all new award proposals
- Managing the nomination and selection process for the following BTS-sponsored awards:
- Distinguished Service Award
- Clyde M. Hunt Award
- Matti Siukula Award – presented during the Annual Broadcast Symposium
- Jules E Cohen Award
- Multimedia Symposium – Best Paper Award – presented at the Multimedia Symposium
- Scott Helt Award
- Managing the BTS process for any requests for the endorsement the Society for nominees of IEEE awards
- Attending committee calls as needed.
- Email correspondence
- Desired soft skills - social media involvement